LOBBY SING TOMORROW!
We hope you can join ESH for a Lobby SIng before school, 8:00-8:30 a.m.
The snow and cold temperatures have arrived and with it, the excitement of playing outside. Please make sure your child comes prepared to play in the cold, snowy or slushy conditions everyday. The playgrounds are currently covered with slushy snow and it's here to stay until Wednesday.
Here are some winter gear tips...
- Children need a warm hats (hoods aren't enough), waterproof gloves/mittens, coat everyday. For cold and snowy days, snow pants and boots are a must!
- We recommend that children keep a stick of lip balm in their backpacks for the rest of the season so they can avoid frequent visits to the nurse for chapped lips.
- Send a extra pair of warm, dry socks to keep in your child’s cubby in case his/her feet get wet during recess.
- Make sure your child has other shoes to wear during the day. Boots get too warm and often need time to dry out after recess. Your child needs P.E. shoes everyday except Tuesdays.
- Is your child having a hard time carrying all his/her winter gear back and forth? We recommend that each child use a large durable canvas or vinyl bag (like the eco-bags used for grocery shopping) to take snow boots, pants, hats, and mittens/gloves back and forth from home to school. This way they have everything in one place and don’t have to go searching. This will help the children become more independent and responsible for their belongings as well. Please label the bag and everything in it with your child’s name. If your child loses something, please check the ESH Lost and Found - the closet across from the Security Desk in the Lobby.
CHANGE 4 CRANES
Change 4 Cranes containers decorated with decals were sent home with your child on Friday along with a "cheat sheet" of whooping crane facts for children to use as they share the story of the whooping cranes with others and ask for their support. We have included it here (click for download) in case you'd like to make more copies. Please make sure checks are made out to Operation Migration (a tax-deductible donation). Also, don't forget to send Ms. Harrison photos of your child's creative fundraising activities! Change 4 Cranes donations are due December 11th!
There are no after school special classes on Tuesday, November 24th. Late Day will be held as usual. Please let us know of any dismissal changes or if your child will be absent tomorrow.
There will not be a newsletter next week. We wish you all a restful, relaxing Thanksgiving Holiday with family and friends. There is a lot to be thankful for and we are grateful to have such a sweet, eager group of learners this year!