NAPER SETTLEMENT FIELD TRIP
On Wednesday, we will join Ms. Gillespie's class for our last field trip of the year. Parent chaperones are Elizabeth Hood, Mandy Weare, Laleh Sadaat, Adam Shaw, and Brittany Chang.
- We will depart at 8:45 so please be on time for school. We will return to ESH around 2:00-2:30 pm.
- Children (and chaperones) should pack a brown bag lunch with beverage. All lunches must be labeled as they will be stored at the Naper Settlement as we tour the grounds.
- Children should bring snack to eat on the bus. Please pack the snack in a separate bag as we will collect lunches when children arrive Wednesday morning.
- Please make sure your child is dressed for the weather. Sunscreen should be applied before arriving at school. We will be going rain or shine and most of our time will be spent outdoors.
We’d like to give a huge thank you to Brittany Chang, Jeff Schmidt, and Bridgette Alexander and all the other parents who organized and contributed to many classroom events and activities this year. We appreciate all of your help and couldn't have it without you!
LAST WEEK REMINDERS
- All Library Books are now past due. Please return them as soon as possible.
- Donations for the Ronald McDonald House by Tuesday. Thanks for your support!
- Children need regular snacks and lunches on Monday and Tuesday (brown-bag lunch & separate snack on Wednesday for field trip). No lunch is needed on Thursday due to the 11:30 dismissal, but please send a snack.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Below is the schedule for the After School Programs for the last week of school. Please let us know of changes in dismissal plans.
Monday 6/8 Last Day of After School Special Classes
Wednesday 6/10 Last Day of Late Day
Thursday 6/11 Last Day of Early Day
DISMISSAL ON THE LAST DAY, 6/11
Since there are no after school classes on Thursday, 6/11, please let us know who will be picking your child up. We will dismiss at 11:30. You are welcome to come to the classroom at 11:15 a.m. Otherwise, we’ll follow our regular dismissal routine.
BACKPACKS & GYM SHOES
Many projects will be sent home this week. Please remind your child to bring a backpack everyday. Our last day of P.E. is Thursday, 6/11. Don’t forget those gym shoes!
The class webpage will be up until the end of July. Photos are easily downloadable to your computer’s desktop. There is not a bulk download feature so you have to download the photos one at a time. If you'd like to download a photo, simply right-click (PC) or control + click (Mac) and use the Save Image As option in the menu that pops up.
It’s hard to believe that this year is ending and that our students are almost third graders! We are so proud of all their accomplishments and growth! It’s been a great pleasure working with your children and it will be hard to say goodbye. We’d like to thank all the families for your patience and support. We wish everyone a relaxing and fun summer. Please stop by to visit us if you are at Earl Shapiro Hall next year!